To further my career in graphic design, web, and multimedia with an opportunity for creative development and advancement.
- Summer 2008 - Current
- Web Design for client projects to create online presence, as well as website management.
- E-commerce solutions for small to medium businesses.
- Print Design ranging fromlogos, letterheads, business cards and brochures.
- Social Media Marketing for Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- Email Marketing
- Spring 2001 - Summer 2008
The Upper Deck Company
- Provide web design for company's online properties (corporate websites, athlete websites, third party ventures).
- Liaison for departmental interests in the company website, as well as site designs, additions, and updates.
- Design and produce company multimedia projects (Company Brochure, PenCam CD).
- Coordinate with various departments to provide e-Commerce, banner and e-mail designs.
- Fall 2000 - Spring 2001
New Frequency Media
- In-house designer responsible for Company Identity and all design needs (Web, Multimedia, Print).
- Design and maintained company press-kit, printed collateral, company website, as well as interfaces for virtual tours the company provided.
- Fall 1999 - Summer 2000
TYLER JAMES, LLC
Visual Communications Manager
- Responsible for all aspects of design for clients and events, from concept to production.
- Work with clients, copywriters, and printers to ensure creative and accurate design for all media involved (print, web, multimedia).
- Summer 1999
Market Forces Printing
- Prepare digital files for film output and printing press.
- Perform typesetting, and design for clients.
- Output all files to film using Lino printer.
- Summer 1998, 1999
Enterprise Design Group [EDG Corp.]
Designer (web, multimedia)
- Design graphics/interfaces for client web sites (i.e. San Diego Chargers).
- Fall 1998 - Summer 2000
UC Davis Campus Recreation
- Create documents/graphics for 8 campus web sites (i.e. Art Gallery, Info Center).
- Site management for over 150 pages at http://campusrecreation.ucdavis.edu/.
- Coordinate and train design team to help with added job responsibilities.
- Summer 1998
Salisbury-Figueroa Advertising & PR
Graphic Design Intern
- Directly involved in preparing graphics for print, including all pre-press procedures (graphic conversion, gamut checking, trapping, collecting for output).
- Rendered 3-D objects in 2-D media using industry-standard applications.
Sea World of California
Assistant Lead (1996-1998)
- Carried out hiring, budgeting, scheduling, and departmental communication.
- Negotiated employee disputes and personnel issues.
Costume Character (1993-1996)
- Performed as costume character staff - entertaining guests.
- Acted as character escort, interacting directly with guests and staff.
Further experience available upon request.
- Video Game Level Designer, Junior College Sports Web Page Designer.
University of California, Davis - Davis, CA
Bachelor of Science,
Design/Visual Comm. Major
Art History Minor
- Graduated with 3.50 GPA. Maintained an A average in design classes.
- Dean's Honor List 97-00, Member of Golden Key Honor Society.
- San Diego Area Davis Alumni Scholarship Recipient.
San Diego Mesa College
Associate of Arts,
- Dean's List- Fall '95- Spring '97.
- Multiple Academic and Athletic Scholarship Recipient.
- Scholar Athlete- Mesa College Representative.
- Computer Expertise
- Windows, Macintosh, MS Office, Acrobat, CSS, Director, Dreamweaver, Flash, HTML, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere, QuarkXpress, Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Computer Experience
- Video shooting and editing, 35mm print, slide and on-screen presentation. Film development (standard darkroom procedures).
- Public Speaking, Teamwork, Detail Oriented, Innovative, Flexible.
Interests & Activities
- Paddling, surfing, ukulele playing, Hawaiian culture, graphic design, hanging with my kiddos.